Inferno's Fourth Edition Download Contents
The downloaded distribution contains the full Inferno universe.
- The Inferno operating system running in hosted mode for:
which includes the Dis virtual machine,
integral support for the Styx network protocol,
and an implementation of the Tk user interface toolkit.
- Windows (2000, XP, Vista, 7)
- FreeBSD (x86)
- Irix (mips)
- Linux (x86)
- MacOSX (power AND i386)
- Solaris (sparc)
- Plan 9 from Bell Labs
- Source code for all of the applications and library modules (written in Limbo),
- the Charon web browser,
- the Acme integrating development environment,
- the Limbo compiler written in Limbo,
- the Yacc compiler-compiler,
- the sh programmable shell,
- plumbing support (similar to Plan 9's plumber),
- many Unix-like tools:
- The contents of Volume 1 of the Inferno Programmer's Manual in Unix style
- Source code for the virtual machine and hosted Inferno (ie, source for emu)
- Native and Inferno versions of the Limbo compiler for use inside and outside
of Inferno and with which all of the applications and library modules can be compiled.
- The Inferno suite of C cross-compilers for a variety of CPU architectures.
- Source code for sample ports of native Inferno to PowerPC, ARM, x86, SPARC.
7 March 2012